The majestic Castello Caetani dominates the Pontine plain. Built in early 1200 by Annibaldi, it was the headquarters of the Caetani family and, of course, the protagonist of this story. For a time it was also entrusted to Lucrezia Borgia as Pope Alexander VI Borgia expropriated the Caetani. The Borgias completed the building complex with fortifications and with the "Citadel" by Antonio da Sangallo. The castle is one of the best preserved monuments of medieval architecture of Lazio and Italy and is managed by the Foundation Roffredo Caetani. The castle is now integrated with the land that surrounds it, and, for more than a quarter century, it has been a place of cultural encounters. For a long period of the year it is inhabited by artists and scholars from various disciplines that pursue here, for example, courses in restoration and music.