Bourbon Cistern


  • Bourbon Cistern

Energitismo Insight

The cistern is located below Piazza Santa Teresa square and the Town Hall. It is accessed through a manhole dating back to the fascist period. The cistern has an area of about 250 square meters and is 4 meters high. The Cistern was built in 1857 to collect the water of an aquifer already used by the Romans. The water supply had certainly served the stables of the cavalry detachment of a barracks, called Stallions.

Subscribe to see the latest