Apostolic Palace


  • Apostolic Palace

Energitismo Insight

The Apostolic Palace dates back to the seventeenth century and was obtained by replacing the former palace of the Orsini, whose coat of arms is visible over the entrance portal. In 1605, when Pope Paul V Borghese elevated the town to the gubernatorial headquarters, the building became the residence of the Apostolic Governor of Sabina Province. On the main façade appear friezes of other noble families corresponding to Popes Gregory XIII Boncompagni, Paul V Borghese and Clement XI Albani who were governors of Collevecchio.

Subscribe to see the latest