Abbey of Saints Quirico and Julietta


  • Abbey of Saints Quirico and Julietta

Energitismo Insight

The enchanted Abbey of Saints Quirico and Julietta, near the Via Salaria, was founded by the Benedictines in the first half of the tenth century. It was burnt down by the Normans in the mid-twelfth century, and was rebuilt by Abbot Sinibaldo and consecrated in 1179. The importance of the Abbey is attested by historical documentation on its many possessions. The building still has the ancient fortified structure: the whole complex is surrounded by walls and the mighty bell tower was also used as a watchtower.

Subscribe to see the latest