Castle Savelli


  • Castle Savelli

Energitismo Depertim

The original castle was built by Pope Innocent III but was destroyed by Emperor Henry V in 1122. From 1300 to 1400 it belonged to the Savelli family when the pope confiscated it and sold it to finance the Crusades. It was then rebuilt in the fifteenth century by the monks of St. Paul and the two styles are clearly recognizable in the building. Today the castle is the used by the CESMIL organisation (Lazio Medieval Studies).  

Subscribe to see the latest