La Grotta del Cavaliere is a construction of circular shape with a diameter of about three meters, with two large boulders as cover. At the center of the cover there is a hole. It is assumed that these are the remains of a pagan Roman era Santurio dedicated to a deity named Nervaiano or Hercules Vaiano. In the cave a small marble base was found, dated between the third and second century BC, inscribed with a votive inscription in Nervaiano. The "Knight" name comes from an English traveller, Sir Knight Edward Dodwell, who in 1830 did the oversighting.