San Cesareo is one of the youngest municipalities in Italy, born from a rib of Zagarolo. Located along the Via Labicana it has been a commercial center since Roman times. In the second century BC in the area hotels 'taverns' and commercial buildings were next to some houses of "otium" as that of Julius Caesar, hence the name San Cesareo, that just quiredasse his will. In 1050, under the Counts of Tusculum, the Grottaferrata monks built a fortified storage and a church dedicated to San Cesareo in the ruins of the Imperial Villa. In 1191, the Colonna, took the name of "Castrum Sancti Burgus et Caesarii". The castle was the subject of much destruction and was abandoned. In 1622 the estate passed to the Ludovisi family that began excavations to unearth the Roman era works, especially the statues and, by 1670 it was just a working farm. With fascism, in 1921, the National Work of Combattants expropriated the estate and built a town to host veterans of Capranica Prenestina. The centre was named after the ancient estate, San Cesareo.
The National Work for Combattants immediately built a small wooden church, and in 1928, it…
An event dedicated to local wealth from the production of grapes and wines.