The city of Fano, in Marche, is characterized by massive walls built before Emperor Augustus, then expanded in 1357 by the Malatesta of Rimini and finally fortified in 1550 by Pope Julius III to defend against pirates.
Fano was probably born as a distribution of land to veterans after the battle of Metauro valley between Rome and elephants of Carthaginian Hannibal.
The architectural beauty of the Rock and the Palace of the Court of the Malatesta family is still used for performances, concerts and ballets. Around 1500 Duchy of Urbino entered bringing the Papal States that transformed the architecture giving it extra charm.
The portraits of Gjergj Kola capture the physical reality of the subject within an aura…